Custom Search

Friday 7 August 2009

Mock shock

I had a phone call from the estate agents (the ones letting our current house) on Tuesday morning, while I was at work.

"Hello, this is So&So from the estate agents, how are you?" a bright a sunny young lady beamed down the phone at me.

"Er, fine thanks" I said (What now?!)

"I was just wondering if we could should someone round your property this morning. Would that be ok?"

"Er, aren't you supposed to give us a bit more notice than that?" I said (no you bloody can NOT).

"Oh yes, well someone just popped into the shop on the off chance and we just wondered if it would be ok, but if it's not convenient then we'll get them to make an appointment for another time".

"Yes, please do that, it's too short notice". Ha!

While I had this bright sunny young thing on the phone, I explained that the reason I was insisting on the required 24 hours notice was because someone from their office had decided to just let themselves into the house on Saturday. Cue comedy gasp from girl-on-phone. "Oh my gawd!" she said "I'll try and find out who that was, that's not right is it?"

No it bloody is not. At least they have someone working for them who appears to have more than one brain cell. Just.

Conversely, I had another phone call yesterday from the estate agents who are letting the flat we're moving into, past their closing hours, might I add, "just to let you know that our website is down at the moment so you won't be able to access any of your reference application details, but we're working on it now and we'll let you know when it's back up and running". So polite and helpful - as far as estate agents go, I love Location Location!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Read Horror Stories from around the world! Update everyday

Shane said...

What's horrorible about this?

Unknown said...

Superb article. Exceptionally intriguing to peruse. I truly love to peruse such a pleasant article. Much obliged! continue shaking. Tracing ex-tenants

letting agent uk said...

largest online letting agent uk
The UK's most visited estate agents.Our Experts can help you buy, sell, rent and let property with branches across the UK.
We will list your property on the main property portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla & PrimeLocations.
let your property within the first 48 hours.largest online letting agent uk.